Online

Did US Vice President Joe Biden Order The MegaUpload Raids In January?

The raids on Kim Dotcom’s mansion in January that saw the MegaUpload service shut down raised a lot of eyebrows at the time. Where did the order come from to aggressively raid and shut down a seemingly above-board service operating on the other side of the globe? According to evidence gathered by Dotcom, the order came from none other than Vice President Joe Biden.

Ever since the January raids, Dotcom and his legal team have been working to uncover the source of the raid order that saw MegaUpload taken down. The team have traced the Mega raids all the way back up the chain to Vice President Biden who is known to be a good personal friend of the now head of the MPAA.

Speaking to TorrentFreak, Dotcom said that senior Hollywood executives, the head of the MPAA Chris Dodd, and an extradition expert all met with senior Whitehouse officials on July 27, 2011, to discuss the MegaUpload case.

Dotcom told TorrentFreak:

After we received information from an insider we scanned the White House visitor logs for all meetings of Chris Dodd and studio bosses with Joe Biden and Obama. They are publicly available on the White House website.

It is interesting that a man by the name of Mike Ellis of MPA Asia, an extradition expert and former superintendent of the Hong Kong police, was also at a meeting with Dodd, all studio bosses and Joe Biden. The same Mike Ellis met with the Minister of Justice Simon Power in New Zealand

Gizmodo Australia has contacted the office of the Vice President for comment on these allegations, but no comment had been received at the time of publication. [TorrentFreak]

Image: Cliff, CC2.0 and Kim Dotcom

Comments are taking a Good Friday break due to a scheduled server upgrade. They'll be back tomorrow. Apologies for any inconvenience.