Today’s lovely debutante is the 2012 MacBook Pro, of course, but the MacBook Air — which we suspect gave the MacBook Pro some serious body image problems over the years — is getting a promotion too. Ivy Bridge, USB 3.0, and speed, speed, speed.
All MacBook Air models will now pack Ivy Bridge processors up to 2.0GHz. But in addition to the superfast CPUs, the MacBook Air will start with 4GB of RAM (sort of the minimum these days) with the option to blast all the way up to a fancy 8GB. That much memory combined with Ivy Bridge guts and an SSD will make these things fly: Oh, and that SSD! Now it goes up to a huge 512GB of space, running at blazing SATA 3 speeds (6Gb/sec).
What are some of the other sweet perks this time around beyond USB 3.0 inclusion? A beefed-up 720p FaceTime camera, a price drop, and they’ll ship today.
- iOS 6: All The New Features Coming Soon To Your iPhone And iPad
- Apple’s New MacBook Pro Is One Amazing-Looking Laptop
- The New MacBook Air Is The Greatest Ever
- Apple WWDC 2012 Meta Liveblog: All The News As It Happened
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion Coming With Dictation And Deeper iCloud Integration