Passbook is a new mobile wallet from Apple that will debut in iOS. Right now, it’s about ticket aggregation, not payments. But it’s a sign of things to come. Currently, it allows you to combine your tickets and loyalty cards in one convenient place.
Example 1: You buy movie tickets online. You show up at the theatre. Rather than fumble around for your pass, your phone’s GPS senses that you’ve arrived, and your electronic ticket pops up on your phone automatically, ready to be scanned.
Example 2: You’re going to the airport. You’ve already checked in via your phone. Passbook is scanned as you go through security. Oh no, your gate has been changed. Passbook will let you know of the change instantly, in real time, from within the app. Very nice.
– iOS 6: All The New Features Coming Soon To Your iPhone And iPad
– Apple’s New MacBook Pro Is One Amazing-Looking Laptop
– The New MacBook Air Is The Greatest Ever
– Apple WWDC 2012 Meta Liveblog: All The News As It Happened
– Mac OS X Mountain Lion Coming With Dictation And Deeper iCloud Integration