Last week Disney announced its new Disney+ streaming service.
Although we are yet to get an Australian launch date, it has sparked some discussion around pricing and whether it will result in customers dropping other streaming service subscriptions in favour of it.
That got me to thinking about the three main streaming-only services we have in Australia, and how much they set us back per month.
- Basic – $9.99 a month for standard definition and 1 simultaneous device stream
- Standard – $13.99 a month for high definition and 2 simultaneous devices streams
- Premium – $17.99 a month for up to 4K and 4 simultaneous device streams
- Stan Basic – $10 a month for standard definition and 1 simultaneous device stream
- Stan Standard – $14 a month for standard definition and 3 simultaneous device streams
- Stan Premium – $17.00 a month for up to 4K and 4 simultaneous device streams
Amazon Prime Video is a little different in that it doesn’t offer tiers. For $6.99 a month or $59 a year (upfront) you get up to 4K definition as well as 3 simultaneous device streams.