Board Games are an expensive hobby and before Amazon came to our shores it was difficult to get your hands on some games. Now with a big name distributor like Amazon in our country board games are easier than ever to get on the cheap.
Hobby shops and Kickstarters can be really expensive, especially when you have to ship them from overseas. Thankfully Amazon brought over boatloads of board games when they set up shop here in Australia.
Whether you are a real collector or just starting to get into the hobby, here are some great pick ups for under $100!
1. Azul: A colourful assortment of tiles and drafting mechanics that make a wonderful addition to any collection.
2. The Settlers Of Catan: One of the oldest games on the market and yet it is still the best game around.
3. Carcassonne: A competitive building game that works one tile at a time.
4. Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle – A Cooperative Deck Building Game: Fans of Harry Potter and deck building games will love this game.
5. Santorini: Based in ancient Greece, this building game is a rapid race to the top that all ages can enjoy.
6. Coup: A strategy game that encourages lying and backstabbing your friends, it’s quick to learn and even quicker to play.
7. Fallout: A clever adaptation of the video game that lends itself well to the roleplaying elements of the series, along with plenty of replay-ability.
8. The Mind: One of the best board games of the year presents the challenge of working together as a group to place down the cards in the right order – without discussing it.
9. Kingdomino: A delightful tile game that is perfect for a quick session or younger audiences.
10. A Game Of Thrones Hand Of The King: One of the best pub games I have ever bought, great for fans of the series and those who enjoy getting one over their friends.
As Gizmodo editors we write about stuff we like and think you'll like too. Gizmodo often has affiliate partnerships, so we may get a share of the revenue from your purchase.