The poster for Black Panther. Photo: Disney
While the Australian release date hasn’t yet been announced, Black Panther will be available in the US digitally on May 8 and on Blu-ray, 4K and DVD May 15, so Aussies can likely expect it some time around then. Here’s a brand new trailer to get you hyped.
The list of special features on the disc sounds awesome too. Here’s how it breaks down:
- Director’s Intro
- From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion – Delve into the film’s making
- Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of Black Panther in all its colour and complexity
- The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
- The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
- Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
- Gag Reel
- Exclusive Sneak Peek at Ant-Man and The Wasp
- Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
- Director’s Commentary
Then the deleted scenes:
- UN Meet and Greet
- Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda
- T’Challa Remembers His Father
- Voices from the Past
The digital release will have all of that, as well as “In World Wakanda Tourism Ads”, including a “before” Wakanda is revealed to the world at large, and another for “after”.
Anyone else share the feeling that “top-selling Blu-ray” will soon be added to Black Panther‘s list of accomplishments?