Google Pay is officially here, with the app rolling out in Australia from today. But to use it - you'll need to be signed up with one of the participating banks.
Here they are.
Also, some cards are restricted - you can find out more here.
- Australian Unity
- Bank Australia
- Bank Of Sydney
- Bendigo Bank
- Beyond Bank Australia
- Big Sky Building Society Limited
- CAPE Credit Union Limited
- Catalyst Money
- Central Murray Credit Union Ltd
- Central West Credit Union Limited
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Community First Credit Union
- Credit Union Australia Ltd
- Credit Union SA Ltd
- Defence Bank Limited
- Family First Credit Union Limited
- Firefighters Mutual Bank
- First Option Credit Union
- Ford Co-operative Credit Society (Single-branded eftpos cards only)
- Goldfields Money
- Goulburn Murray Credit Union Co-Op Limited
- Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd
- Horizon Credit Union Ltd
- Illawarra Credit Union
- ING Direct
- Intech Credit Union Limited
- Laboratories Credit Union Limited
- Macquarie Bank
- Maritime, Mining & Power Credit Union Ltd
- Mystate Bank Limited
- The Rock
- Nexus Mutual
- Northern Beaches Credit Union
- Northern Inland Credit Union Limited
- People's Choice Credit Union Ltd
- P & N Bank
- Police Bank Limited
- Police Credit Union
- QT Mutual Bank Limited
- Queenslanders Credit Union Limited
- Reliance Bank
- Select ENCOMPASS Credit Union Limited
- South West Slopes Credit Union Ltd
- Sydney Credit Union Ltd
- Teachers Mutual Bank Limited
- The Mac
- WAW Credit Union Co-Operative Limited
- Woolworths Employees' Credit Union Limited
- Wyong Shire Credit Union Limited
So what's the difference between Google Pay and Android pay? Not a lot.
If you use Google's products, there's a good chance the company already has a copy your credit card details stored somewhere - in your Chrome browser's autofill settings, gathering dust in a Google Wallet, or inside the now-defunct Android Pay. Google Pay merges the various ways it gobbles up this information under a new umbrella.
Google says it will bring "Fast, simple checkout. Easy access to rewards and offers. One spot for purchases, passes, and payment methods."
more information is available on the Google Blog here.