Video: Of all the movie presidents — not fictional presidents like Morgan Freeman’s President Tom Beck in Deep Impact, but rather actors’ portrayals of real presidents — which one did his best? To help you decide, Candice Drouet put together a quick video showing actors playing presidents, including Robin Williams as Dwight D. Eisenhower, Kevin Spacey as Richard Nixon and Jon Voight as FDR.
The whole showcase goes from FDR to Obama (with no Gerald Ford). There’s one other glaring omission — George W. Bush in Harold and Kumar — which is, in my opinion, better than W‘s, and the most realistic portrayal of a president in film history.
Here’s the list of movie presidents in the clip:
- Franklin D. Roosevelt – Jon Voight – Pearl Harbour
- Harry S. Truman – Gary Sinise – Truman
- Dwight D. Eisenhower – Robin Williams – The Butler
- John F. Kennedy – Bruce Greenwood – Thirteen Days
- Lyndon B. Johnson – Liev Schreiber – The Butler
- Richard Nixon – Kevin Spacey – Elvis & Nixon
- Jimmy Carter – Fred Travalena – An American Carol
- Ronald Reagan – Jay Koch – Back to the Future II
- George H. W. Bush – James Cromwell – W
- Bill Clinton – Dennis Quaid – The Special Relationship
- George W. Bush – Josh Brolin – W
- Barack Obama – Parker Sawyers – Southside With You