The latest home networking router in the D-Link ULTRA Performance Series range has been launched in Australia today, featuring eight high-powered antennas to maximise coverage and speed.
The D-Link DIR-895L AC5300 MU-MIMO Ultra Wi-Fi Router also features gigabit WAN/LAN Ethernet ports for high speed wired connectivity, and is enabled with WPA2 security and Wi-Fi protected setup “to ensure network integrity and ease-of-setup”, D-Link says.
“One feature particularly worth mentioning is Multi-User MIMO, which when combined with Multi-User MIMO enabled devices, provides the next level of Wi-Fi performance,” D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said.
“Anyone who has ever lost their Wi-Fi signal while gaming or streaming movies on Netflix can benefit immensely from the advanced features and chart topping wireless speeds and coverage this new router offers.”
Here are the key features:
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- 4×4 Data Streams (supports four simultaneous data streams)
- MU-MIMO Technology (high-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices at the same time)
- Smart Connect (automatically assigns devices to the best possible wireless band available)
- Advanced AC SmartBeam (tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range)
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi (two 5GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band)
- Intelligent QoS (traffic optimisation to help prioritise network traffic. Video streaming, gaming, and VoIP calls run smoother over both wired and wireless networks)
- Intuitive UI
- Eight High Power Antennas
- mydlink Cloud (monitor your network from any PC, smartphone or tablet)
- USB 3.0 (up to 10x faster than USB 2.0)
- The choice of a web-based setup wizard or the Quick Router Setup (QRS) app
The DIR-895L AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router has an RRP of $699.95. You can pick one up from most major retailers, or the D-Link website.