Educating the next generation is important. You should always know how you’d show someone Star Wars for the very first time if you had to. So, what’s your viewing order?
If I ever had to show someone Star Wars for the first time, I think I’d do it like this:
• Episode IV: A New Hope – Viewed first, it sets the stage for the Star Wars universe and the fight between good and evil.
• Episode I: The Phantom Menace – Bam. Straight into prequel mode after that. We learn about the origin of the Sith and the Empire, as well as start on the Anakin Skywalker backstory.
• Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith – Skip Episode II. That one suuuuuucks. This way, you get the action-packed conclusion to the Anakin story, as well as a look at what happened to Obi-Wan before he became a madman in the desert of Tatooine.
• Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back – Flash back forward. Return to our heroes and find out the shocking truth between Luke and Vader.
• Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi – The ultimate conclusion, featuring one of the best space battles of all time.
So, what’s your viewing order?