Been hanging out for a newer, thinner, airier iPad Air or mini-er Mini? Your wait is over — the new iPad Air 2 and its diminutive Mini 3 counterpart are on sale today at Telstra, and the country’s biggest telco has a bunch of different deals on offer for Apple’s new tablets with integrated mobile data.
The cheapest possible way to get hold of a new iPad with a mobile data connection is to get a 16GB iPad Mini 3 on Telstra’s 1GB per month plan, which will set you back $47 per month on a 24 month contract. Jumping up to a 64GB model costs you an additional $5 at $52 per month, and the top-tier 128GB variant is $4 above that at $56 per month.
Similarly, you can jump up to medium, large and extra-large data packs for an incremental price premium. Where the 1GB small variant costs $47 for the iPad Mini 3, 4GB of data is $8 more at $55 per month, 8GB is $73 per month and an enormous 15GB of data is $115 in total per calendar month. And, of course, these plans get more expensive when you choose a larger-capacity model to start with.
Here’s the full list of Telstra’s plans for the full range of Apple iPads Mini and Air:
- iPad Mini 3, 16GB: 1GB for $47p/m, 4GB for $55p/m, 8GB for $73p/m, 15GB for $115p/m
- iPad Mini 3, 64GB: 1GB for $52p/m, 4GB for $60p/m, 8GB for $77p/m, 15GB for $121p/m
- iPad Mini 3, 128GB: 1GB for $56p/m, 4GB for $65p/m, 8GB for $82p/m, 15GB for $126p/m
- iPad Air 2, 16GB: 1GB for $51p/m, 4GB for $60p/m, 8GB for $77p/m, 15GB for $121p/m
- iPad Air 2, 64GB: 1GB for $55p/m, 4GB for $64p/m, 8GB for $81p/m, 15GB for $124p/m
- iPad Air 2, 128GB: 1GB for $60p/m, 4GB for $86p/m, 8GB for $86p/m, 15GB for $128p/m
Telstra will also offer a device replacement service — StayConnected, which lets you replace or exchange your iPad up to twice a year if it’s broken or damaged outside of standard warranty conditions for $180 each time — for an additional $13 per month. [Telstra]