Among all the other goodies being packed into the brand new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, the phone comes bearing the newest generation of Apple's M chip -- the M8. And it might finally turn the iPhone into the fitness tracker we've been waiting for.
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus: Australian Price And Release Date
- iPhone 6: A Little Bit Bigger, A Whole Lot Better
- iPhone 6 Plus: Everything You Need To Know About Apple's Jumbo Phone
- The iPhone's Apple Pay Wants To Replace Your Wallet
- The iPhone's Wi-Fi Handoffs Make Internet Calling Better Than Ever
- Apple Watch: Everything You Need To Know
- Apple Watch Comes With Its Own Terrifying, Animated Emoji
The new sensor should be able to know whether you're running, riding your bike or walking, and it will be able to estimate distance as well as how far you've gone. It will even be able to track elevation for the climbing-inclined thanks to its very own barometer, which will pick our your relative elevation by measuring air pressure.
There's also a new and improved Health App to take advantage of all that the M8 offers. Details are scarce, but we'll update with more when we (presumably) here more later.