The last time Dick Smith had a clearance sale, it got a lot of attention, but, well, let’s just say there were a number of rather disgruntled customers. This time around, it’s advertising it upfront with some tantalising sounding specials. But will customers bite?
The sale, which Dick Smith is labelling the “XXXL Sale”, covers a range of products on sale tomorrow (Saturday the 26th of May); from the release, it’s
· Up to 30% off laptops
· 30% off GPS and Digital Radios (excludes PVR models)
· 40% off all home networking and keyboards, mice, headsets and webcams (excludes Apple branded products and pre-paid wireless broadband)
· 40% off headphones and portable DVD players (excluding gaming headsets)
· 40% off all MP3 players (excluding iPod)
· 40% off Energizer batteries
· 50% off Dick Smith memory cards and batteries (excludes Dick Smith AA 40 pack )
· 50% off all antennas, Dick Smith branded AV senders and Philips Universal remotes, all cables including HDMI, Audio, Antenna and computer cables (excludes Apple branded products)
You can’t click and collect, so you’ll have to head into stores, and the following stores are specifically noted as not taking part: NSW: Lidcombe, Dee Why, Blacktown Westpoint, Bonnyrigg, Castle Hill (Castle Mall), Charlestown, Chatswood Westfield, Forster, Gosford, Macquarie Centre, Shellharbour and Winston Hills. ACT: Canberra Centre QLD Mermaid Beach, Rockhampton (Cnr Queen Elizabeth Dr and Bernard St), Toowoomba (Ruthven & Bowen Sts), Townsvill Domain Central and Springwood (Logan Mega Centre) VIC Geelong (Market Sq Shopping Centre), Corio, Endeavour Hills, Epping, Plenty Valley and Southland. WA Perth Hay Street, Claremont (Stirling Hwy) and Ocean Keys Tandy NT Casuarina (Trower Rd).
There could be some tasty bargains to be had there… but would you bother lining up again? [DSE]