Chances are the holidays have driven you mostly insane by now, so Amazon has gone ahead and packaged its Christmas shopping postmortem (they sold lots of Kindles!) with some goofy facts that will appeal to the infantile mush that was once your brain. Here are some of the more charming/pertinent bits:
- Amazon customers purchased enough copies of Walter Isaacson's "Steve Jobs" book to create a stack taller than Mt. Everest.
- The cumulative weight of the Bowflex 552 Adjustable Dumbbells purchased by Amazon customers would outweigh more than 70 adult elephants.
- If you unfolded and stacked each pair of jeans purchased by Amazon customers this holiday, the height would be 2,500 times taller than the Statue of Liberty.
- Amazon customers purchased enough copies of Just Dance 3 to give 15 copies to each person who participated in setting the world record for simultaneous dancing.
- Amazon customers purchased enough HeatMax HotHands Handwarmers to give a pair to each resident of Iceland.
- Amazon customers purchased enough Rory's Story Cubes to give a cube to each person watching the New Year's Eve ball drop live at Times Square.
- Best holiday sellers:
- Amazon Appstore for Android: Angry Birds (Ad-Free); TETRIS; and Pandora Internet Radio
- AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless); Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone (Sprint); and Samsung Galaxy S II 4G Android Phone (AT&T)
- Video Games: Just Dance 3; Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3; and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Electronics: Kindle Fire; Kindle Touch; and Kindle
- Amazon MP3: "100 Classic Christmas Songs" by Various Artists; "Mylo Xyloto" by Coldplay; and "A Very She & Him Christmas" by She & Him
- Amazon Instant Video: "Super 8"; "The Help"; and "Crazy, Stupid, Love"