We gave you an exclusive sneak peek into Thor‘s Blu-ray special features earlier this month, and from tomorrow you can pick up X-Men: First Class on Blu-ray, DVD and digital copy. Video after the jump!
The visual effects in X-Men: First Class were divided up between multiple visual effects vendors, such as Weta (the studio behind Avatar) and Digital Domain (the studio behind Tron: Legacy). If you’re a mad X-Men fan, or particularly into CG and special effects, you can’t afford to miss how all these techniques came together.
While the DVD copy comes with deleted and extended scenes, you’ll have to pick up the Blu-ray version to make the most of the special features, which include over two hours of the following content:
• Cerebro Mutant Tracker: The complete interactive Mutant Database with interactive videos giving fans the ability to learn about their favourite mutants in the X-Men film franchise.
• Children of the Atom: An eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette, charting the film from pre-production through post-production, including visual effects techniques and cataloguing “X-Men” transformations through prosthetic make-up and costume design.
• Extended and Deleted Scenes.
• BD-Live Portal with additional Cerebro Mutant Tracker profiles.
• Composer’s Isolated Score.
Twentieth Century Fox hasn’t given us an official RRP, but JB Hi-Fi is selling the Blu-ray, DVD and digital copy triple-play disc set for $34.98, and Big W or Target would be worth checking as well.
Image: Digital Domain