Comscore Says No One Uses Android Tablets. Hmm.

Comscore Says No One Uses Android Tablets. Hmm.
Facebook may have decided that you shouldn’t see the news, but we think you deserve to be in the know with Gizmodo Australia’s reporting. To sign up for our daily newsletter covering the latest news, features and reviews, head HERE. For a running feed of all our stories, follow us on Twitter HERE. Or you can bookmark the Gizmodo Australia homepage to visit whenever you need a news fix.

There’s something like 8142* different Android tablets on sale right now, yet apparently no one is really using them. Of course, it’d help if Samsung was actually allowed to sell its tablets in Australia!
According to Comscore, iPads made up for 97.2 per cent of all US tablet web traffic. That leaves 2.8 per cent for the other tablets to split.

That’s a startling number. Where are all these Android tablet users? Actually, are there any Android tablet users? The exact number of Android tablet users has always been doubted (some semantics on whether shipped or bought equals market share) but as late as July of this year, some folks were guessing only a million or so have been sold (compared to nearly 30 millin for the iPad at the time). With so few Android tablets around for people to use, I guess it should be no surprise that web traffic from Android tablets are so low.

And Android Tablets shouldn’t feel too bad, the iPad now accounts for more web traffic than the iPhone too (46.8 per cent vs 42.6 per cent). These numbers are crazy. [ComScore]