Jetstar's announced its very own SIM for travellers looking to keep their calling costs down as they gallivant between continents. As part of the launch, they're offering the card for $19.25 (down from its $40.25 RRP), excluding $7 (?) for delivery.
The SIM itself is provided by Go-SIM, but as you can see from the picture above, it's all Jetstar branding. I couldn't find an end date for the launch offer, so if you're keen you should check it out soon.
Here's the list of features provided by the SIM:
- Chat from 180 countries/territories
- No charge for receiving unlimited incoming calls in over 70 countries
- FREE to receive SMS/texts in all 180 countries
- GPRS data available in over 135 countries/territories
- No daily access charges or monthly fees
- Calling, voice mail, SMS and data
- Pre-paid and rechargeable – No contracts and no monthly or connection fees
- Use in any unlocked GSM mobile handset
- 24/7 customer support
The last two times I've been overseas, my roaming hasn't worked despite harassing Vodafone for the privilege, so I know I'll be looking to get a SIM like this next time I leave the country. If anyone's had any experiences with Go-SIM, please leave a comment.
The link provided by Jetstar gave me a nasty red 404, so try the one below instead.
Jetstar Global SIM [Jetstar]