We've pretty much learned everything about the Droid 3 through previous leaks, but now its official. Android Gingerbread, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, international GSM roaming, 8MP camera, 4-inch qHD display, 1080p video playback and an HDMI mirror mode.
It can be yours on July 14 for $US200. [Verizon]
VERIZON WIRELESS INTRODUCES THE NEXT GENERATION DROID DELIVERING POWER AND PERFORMANCE: THE DROID 3 BY MOTOROLA
Full Keyboard, No Compromises; DROID 3 by Motorola Available Online Today
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the new Android™-powered DROID 3 by Motorola, a global smartphone that delivers power for work and play without making compromises.
DROID 3 by Motorola is the world's thinnest full QWERTY smartphone, and still delivers the power of a dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast multi-tasking. Customers can take stunning photos with the 8-megapixel camera or capture the moment in 1080p HD video. Equipped with Android 2.3, the DROID 3 by Motorola features a brilliant 4-inch qHD display, a roomy 5-row QWERTY keyboard and 3G Mobile Hotspot capabilities, with the ability to connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices. DROID 3 by Motorola delivers the power needed to conquer the day whether customers are at home, work or somewhere in between.
· Powered by Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
· Mirror mode allows you to view and share photos, videos and movies on a larger TV via HDMI output (requires HDMI cable)
· Global ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
· Enterprise ready with advanced security policies, device and SD card encryption, complex password support, remote data wipe of device and SD card; document and presentation viewing and editing with Quickoffice®
· Citrix® GoToMeeting® for Android, gives users the ability to attend online meetings while on-the-go, and Citrix Receiver® for Android, a universal software client that allows companies to deliver corporate apps, desktops and data to any corporate- or employee-owned device
· ESP smart dock technology for a tailored experience based on whether DROID 3 is docked in home, office or car settings
· Adobe® Flash® Player 10
· Front-facing camera for still shots and video chat
· Video playback in 1080p HD in mirror mode
Pricing and availability:
· DROID 3 by Motorola is now available online at www.verizonwireless.com, and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores by July 14 for $US199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Customers that purchase a DROID 3 will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. New Verizon Wireless customers will have the option of smartphone plans starting at $US30 for 2GB of data. Current Verizon Wireless smartphone customers who are upgrading their smartphone can keep their current data plan.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
DROID 3 by Motorola Fact Sheet
The Next Generation of Does: Full Keyboard. No Compromises.
July 07, 2011
The next generation of Motorola DROID devices, DROID 3, offers you unprecedented mobile speed and power to keep you plugged in from around the world. The new DROID 3 is the thinnest full QWERTY smartphone, yet packs uncompromising media experiences and extraordinary intelligence into its super-slim form-factor. Featuring a dual-core processor, five-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard, razor-sharp 4-inch qHD touchscreen display and enhanced IT security features, DROID 3 propels you into a new realm of does.
DROID 3 is equipped with a dual-core 1GHz processor, which means you can run multiple apps, stream media, talk, email and surf the Web — multi-tasking 27 percent faster than the DROID 2 Global. The power of Adobe® Flash® 10 lets you get a PC-like Internet experience with rich video, music and game content. It is also the thinnest full QWERTY smartphone with a dedicated numeric fifth row to increase accuracy, minimize your use of the ‘ALT' key, and enjoy easier and more efficient typing and texting.
Uncompromising Media Experiences
With DROID 3, you're able to leave the camera at home and still capture memories in sharp detail with the 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and digital zoom. Use the front-facing VGA camera to video chat with friends and co-workers. It also lets you capture crisp and clear 1080p HD video, share content on other HD-enabled devices like your flat screen TV via HDMI (requires HDMI cable) or DLNA, and view movies and videos on the device's generous 4-inch qHD display that boasts 30 percent faster graphics and 26 percent sharper definition than its predecessor.
DROID 3 puts the smart in smartphone, with features like Motorola ESP smart docking technology so your docks do more than just charge your phone. ESP Smart docks let you tailor your experience based on whether you're in your home, office or car – adapting its features automatically based on the dock it's connected to and your pre-defined settings.
DROID 3 empowers you to manage business instantly, intuitively and securely – from anywhere in the world. Keep up with corporate email, access your full calendar, initiate new meetings and access business documents with the pre-loaded Quickoffice application. Scrollable widgets for email, calendar, task and messaging keep you updated at a glance, and the large 4-inch qHD display makes it easy to see documents and webpages with little scrolling or panning. The five-row QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to quickly type responses to emails, and your content is more secure than ever with password protection, remote wipe and data encryption capabilities. DROID 3 also comes pre-loaded with the new Citrix® GoToMeeting® for Android™ so you can attend online meetings from wherever you are, as well as Citrix Receiver® for Android.
DROID 3 by Motorola Features
Talk and Standby Time1
Up to 550 minutes/Up to approximately 300 hours
CDMA 800/1900 MHz
WCDMA 850/1900/2100 MHz
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
64.10(x) 123.30(y) 12.90(z) mm
Dual-core 1GHz processor
3.5mm, USB 2.0 HS, HDMI, DLNA, OTA, Stereo Bluetooth, Version 2.1+EDR
4-inch qHD (Quarter High Definition) (540 x 960) TFT
MMS, SMS, Email (Corporate Sync, Google Mail, Push Email, Yahoo!® Mail), IM (GTalk™, AIM, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo!® Messenger), WebKit with Flash
AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, AMR WB, MIDI, MP3, WAV, WMA v9/v10, OGG
Capture/Playback/Streaming, HD video, Video-C/P 30fps, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, WMV v9/v10
8-megapixel, VGA P2P video, 8x digital zoom, AF, LED
16GB on-board memory, microSD card slot for up to an additional 32GB
512MB RAM x 16GB eMMC
Touch QWERTY Slider
Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity
Facebook®, MySpace, TwitterTM and GmailTM messages and contacts aggregation as well as syncs and merges your work contacts, email and calendar
aGPS, sGPS, eCompass