Yale Student Dies When Hair Gets Caught In Machinery

Yale Student Dies When Hair Gets Caught In Machinery
To sign up for our daily newsletter covering the latest news, features and reviews, head HERE. For a running feed of all our stories, follow us on Twitter HERE. Or you can bookmark the Gizmodo Australia homepage to visit whenever you need a news fix.

Michele Dufault, a Yale student who was just weeks from graduation, died today when her hair was pulled into equiptment in the chemistry lab machine shop.

Dufault, an astronomy and physics major, was using a lathe as part of her thesis project on the possible use of liquid helium for detecting dark matter particles. Yale administrators say they’re reviewing the school’s safety policies, and for the time being all undergraduates will be limited to using the labs while monitors are present.