Is this the way we’re going to see official sports apps launch for the iPhone now? Telstra had the official AFL app, and now Vodafone and 3 have just released the official cricket app, and it sounds pretty comprehensive.
The app, which is a $1.19 download, also allows Vodafone and 3 customers to watch live matches on their iPhone’s screen for $2.50 a day. If you’re on a different network, you can still buy the app, but you don’t get the added video goodness.
Included features for the app (from the press release):
Vodafone and 3 mobile’s Cricket LIVE Summer App gives cricket fans access to:
· Cricket TV channel featuring LIVE streaming action and exclusive video highlights courtesy of Cricket Australia and Channel Nine (Only available to Vodafone and 3 Mobile customers)
· Live scores for every match
· Ball-by-ball text commentary
· Facebook, twitter & email in-app sharing
· Full match schedules and reminders
· The latest Cricket news stories
· Cricket Australia video packages (including behind-the-scenes player footage and interviews)
· Free push notifications on the fall of wickets
· Full player stats for the 2009/2010 summer season.
If you don’t have an iPhone, there’s still the standard Cricket watching options for 3 customers.
Anyone enjoy watching grass grow enough to buy this?