The app includes:
Best routing and maps
· Navigation software including fast route planning and clear voice instructions
· Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
· Route demo or map of route when trip planning
· Choice of the latest maps for Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada or Western Europe.
Easy to use and personalize
· User interface fully optimised with iPhone.
· Multiple display options including landscape and portrait navigation view
· Night and day color mode for optimised screen visibility in varying light conditions
· User interface available in 18 languages2
· Change view settings (2D or 3D map display)
· Easy to download from iTunes App Store
Complete phone and map integration
· Multi-touch gestures such as tap, swipe, pinch and zoom to operate the application and zoom in and out of the map
· Navigation to contacts in address book
· Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone
The press release states that the TomTom iPhone carkit that we saw a little while ago will be available later this year, as will a version specifically for the iPod Touch.