The year is half over as we enter July, with heaps of new shows streaming online.
This article will go into sci-fi, fantasy and horror releases (as well as some pop culture favourites, wrestling, documentaries and some serial killer stuff) coming this month to Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Binge, Paramount+ and Shudder. Call this your master TV and movie streaming list for July and keep checking back each month, as we’ll update what’s coming to Australia in August, too.
Let’s get stuck into it. Here’s what’s streaming in Australia in July, and when these TV shows, docos and movies are getting released.
Table of Contents
What’s streaming on Netflix in July 2022?
July is a pretty big month for nerdy Netflix users, and there’s plenty to enjoy. Highlights of this month include Stranger Things 4: Volume 2 and Netflix’s Resident Evil series. Here’s a list of five recommendations, if you need somewhere to start.
- Stranger Things – Season 4 part 2
- The Rugrats Movie
- The Arrival
- Firestarter: The Story of Bangarra
- The Final Quarter
- Control Z – Season 3
- Uncle from Another World
- My Name is Gulpilil
- Murandak: Songs of Freedom
- Boo, Bitch
- The Longest Night
- The Sea Beast
- Valley of the Dead
- Resident Evil (Netflix series)
- Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight
- Too Old for Fairy Tails
- Live is Life
- Bad Exorcist – Season 2
- The Gray Man
- Detective Conan: Zero’s Tea Time
What’s streaming on Stan in July 2022?
Next on the list is Australian-owned Stan, the streaming home to many original Australian releases and some pretty big global goodies, too. Highlights for this month include The Hateful Eight and the final episodes of Better Call Saul. Want to know what we’ll be watching? Head over here for our Stan streaming recommendations.
- Madagascar: A Little Wild – Season 2, Episodes 20 – 26
- The Fate of the Furious
- Power Rangers Dino Charge – Season 1, Season 2
- Louis Theroux: Selling Sex
- Horrible Histories: Staggering Storytellers
- Horrible Histories: The Grisly Great Fire of London
- Dakar – Madness in the Desert
- Top Gear – Season 32, Episode 5
- Birdgirl – Season 2, Episode 4 (new episodes weekly)
- The Hateful Eight
- Embrace of the Serpent
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado
- The Road
- Better Call Saul – Season 6, Episode 8 (new episodes weekly)
- The Bar
- Naples in Veils
- Blade II
- Blade: Trinity
- John Wick
- Queen of the Damned
- Tiger Mafia
- Let Me In
- 30 Days of Night
- Underbelly: Vanishing Act – Season 1
- The Matrix
- The Matrix: Reloaded
- The Matrix: Revolutions
- The Bodyguard
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- The Crazies
What’s streaming on Amazon Prime Video in July 2022?
Next on our list is Amazon Prime Video, the accompanying streaming service to any Amazon Prime subscription. The highlight this month has got to be The Terminal List. Here’s what we’ll be watching this month on Amazon.
- The Terminal List
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Get Out
- Atomic Blonde
- House of Gucci
- Paper Girls
What’s streaming on Disney+ in July 2022?
Disney+ is up next, home to all things Star Wars and Marvel. Disney+ has a few highlights this month, including Solar Opposites and The Bob’s Burgers Movie. Here’s Gizmodo Australia’s Disney+ binge list for July.
- The Princess
- A Cure for Wellness
- Bee Season
- Captive Audience: A Real America Horror Story – Season 1
- My Super Ex-Girlfriend
- The Bob’s Burgers Movie
- The Old Man (new episodes weekly)
- Solar Opposites (Season 3, new episodes weekly)
- ZOMBIES 3
- A Time to Kill
- Hitler’s Disastrous Desert War
- The Deep End – Season 1
- Australia’s Deadliest Monsters – Season 1
- The Owl House – Season 2 (new episodes)
- Santa Evita – Season 1
- Light & Magic – Season 1
What’s streaming on Binge in July 2022?
Next up is another Australian-owned streaming service, Binge! This month’s highlight has to be American Horror Stories and Venom: Let There Be Carnage. Here are five recommendations, if you’re stuck for something to binge.
- Pretty Little Liars – Seasons 1-7
- Mystic River
- Missing Link
- The Peanut Butter Falcon
- Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie
- American Sniper
- Child’s Play
- Adventures in Zambezia
- Law Abiding Citizen
- Westworld – Season 4 (new episodes weekly)
- Blue Bloods – Season 10
- The Holiday – Season 1
- We Hunt Together – Season 2
- Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview
- Tom Cruise, An Eternal Youth
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Space Cowboys
- What We Do In The Shadows – Season 4 (new episodes weekly)
- The Rehearsal – Season 1
- Spider-Man (all of them, except for Far From Home)
- Call Me By Your Name
- Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Seasons 1-3
- Moon Landing
- Ghost Adventures – Season 18
- Doctor Who – Seasons 1-12
- Ken and Barbie Killers: The Lost Murder Tapes – Season 1
- American Horror Stories – Season 2 (three episodes weekly)
- The Secret Of Skinwalker Ranch – Season 2
- Kong: Skull Island
- The Swan Princess
- Seven Pounds
- Hey Arnold! – Seasons 1-3
- Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin – Season 1 (three episodes weekly)
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife
What’s streaming on Paramount+ in July 2022?
- Stuff Everyone Should Know About Australia
- Who Is Ghislaine Maxwell?
- Honor Society
What’s streaming on Shudder in July 2022?
The home of all things creepy, spooky and ‘hell no’. Highlights for July Shudder streaming include This is GWAR and The Reef: Stalked, but here are three more recommendations.
- God Told Me To
- Texas Chainsaw
- Meatcleaver Massacre
- Mansion of the Doomed
- On The 3rd Day
- Cold Skin
- Broadcast Signal Intrusion
- Good Madam
- Jamie Marks is Dead
- Knock Knock
- Life After Beth
- This is GWAR
- Level 16
- The Dark
- The Crucifixion
- VHS: Viral
- The Reef: Stalked
That’s about it for our July streaming service release schedule. Stay tuned for our August guide to streaming services, or check out our article on upcoming sci-fi, fantasy and horror flicks set to release this year.
This article will be constantly updated. The last change was made on June 30, 2022.