Amazon Prime Day 2021 is here. The massive online sale event started at 12am AEST, June 21, and will be running for the following 65 hours. During this period, the online retailer will be offering major deals across tech and gadgets, home entertainment and more.
If you’re looking to buy yourself a fancy new smartphone to replace the one you currently have with the giant crack in the screen, this is the time to act. However, if you’re a dyed in the wool Apple user, don’t expect to see any iPhone deals.
Smartphone prices on Amazon can be wildly variable, with some third party sellers frankly taking the mickey and charging way too much for ordinary handsets. That’s usually not an issue if you’re buying directly from Amazon, so be sure to check that the seller is Amazon AU.
Amazon is currently offering a few discounts for select handsets:
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G (256GB) – now $645, down from $749
- OPPO CPH2065 Reno4 Z 5G (128GB) – now $495, down from $599
- OPPO Find X2 Pro (512GB) – now $993, down from $1,599
- Nokia 3.4 smartphone – now $197, down from $249
- White Samsung Galaxy A21S (128GB) Smartphone – now 294.13, down from $349
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Wi Fi (32GB) – now $299, down from $379
Phone accessory deals
Outside its handset deals, Amazon also has a few phone accessories on sale today:
- Save on select Anker portable batteries and charging hubs.
- Emmabin Phone Holder for Cars – now $11.99, down from $19.99
- T Tersely Finger Grip – now $6.95, down from $16.95
- IGUGIG 10W Fast Wireless Charger – now $15.99, down from $25.99
- Trio Wireless Charger – Charges Phone, Watch + Buds – now $99, down from $159
- Galaxy S21 Ultra Silicone cover w/ S-Pen – now $63.82, down from $99
- Galaxy S21 Ultra Clear Cover – now $20.80, down from $24
Mobile plan deals
If buying a phone outright isn’t in your budget, a few telcos are currently offering some decent end of financial year sales.
- Vodafone: You can save on a range of smartphones, including $200 off an iPhone 12 and $300 off the Samsung Galaxy S21+.
- Telstra: EOFY deals include $200 off an iPhone 12, $250 off the Google Pixel 4a and a bonus Galaxy Watch3 (RRP $799) with any Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ or S21 Ultra.
- Optus: A selection of mid-range smartphones have been discounted, including 50% off the iPhone SE (64GB) and 54% off the Samsung Galaxy A52 (128GB).
You can also check out Gizmodo Australia’s Amazon Prime Day 2021 coverage here.