The rumours were true! The big daddy of iPhones this year is named iPhone Pro Max.
Here’s how much it’s going to cost you in Australia (it’s heaps), and when you can get it.
After months of speculation and some cheeky rumours, the iPhone 11 is now official. Once again there are three models, with the iPhone 11 Pro being the middle of the pack.Read more
The iPhone 11 Pro Max comes in four colours – midnight green, space grey, gold and silver.
As for the camera, Apple has now bestowed the first triple-rear array ever, which has telephoto, wide and ultra wide lenses.
Night Mode is also finally landing on iPhone and will toggle on automatically when the phone detects enough darkness.
It will also eventually have Deep Fusion functionality that will take nine pictures in fast succession. It will then use its neural engine to Frankenstein a whole new image utilising the best aspects of each individual picture.
This won’t be available at launch but expect it in the coming months.
The pro Max will shoot in 4K at 60 fps and will have a bunch of different modes including slo-mo capture, time-lapse, cinematic video stabilisation, and extended dynamic range on both the main and ultra-wide cameras. It can also take slow motion selfies
The iPhone 11 also has a brand new processor, the 7nm A13 Bionic, which is 20 per cent faster than its predecessor.
Here are the key specs you can expect from the iPhone 11 Pro:
- iOS 13 OS
- A13 Bionic chip CPU
- 6.5-inch all‑screen OLED Multi‑Touch display
- 2688‑by‑1242-pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- 64/256/512 GB storage (no word on RAM as Apple doesn’t disclose this)
- Triple rear cameras – 12MP ultra wide (ƒ/2.4 aperture), 12MP wide (ƒ/1.8 aperture) and 12MP telephoto (ƒ/2.0). 12MP (ƒ/2.2 aperture) front-facing camera
- 4K video recording
- Face ID
- Battery lasts up to 4 hours longer than the iPhone XS (Apple doesn’t disclosed the battery size)
- 158 mm x 77.8 mm x 8.1 mm, 226 grams
- Gold, space grey, silver and midnight green colour options
The 64GB comes in at $1,899, the 256GB and $2,149 and the 512GB will be a truly jaw-dropping $2,499.
The iPhone Pro Max will be available for pre-order from September 13 and will ship on September 20.
And if you’re interested in the pricing and availability of the other new iPhones, we have that too:
Along with the iPhone Pro and and Pro Max, Apple just officially announced a more budget-friendly 2019 device -- the iPhone 11. Unlike the name of its biggest sibling, the iPhone 11 Pro Max, its moniker is simple. Elegant, even.Read more