After months of speculation and some cheeky rumours, the iPhone 11 is now official.
Once again there are three models, with the iPhone 11 Pro being the middle of the pack.
Here's how much it's going to cost you in Australia, and when you can get it.
Along with the iPhone Pro and and Pro Max, Apple just officially announced a more budget-friendly 2019 device — the iPhone 11. Unlike the name of its biggest sibling, the iPhone 11 Pro Max, its moniker is simple. Elegant, even. Here's how much it's going to cost you in Australia, and when you can get it.
The new iPhone 11 Pro comes in four colours - midnight green, space grey, gold and silver. It's also slightly larger and heavier than last year's iteration, the iPhone XS.
As for the camera, Apple has now bestowed the first triple-rear array ever, which has telephoto, wide and ultra wide lenses. Night Mode is also finally available.
It will also eventually have Deep Fusion functionality that will take nine pictures in fast succession. It will then use its neural engine to Frankenstein a whole new image utilising the best aspects of each individual picture.
This won't be available at launch but expect it in the coming months.
On the video side of things it will shoot 4K at 60 fps and has slo-mo capture, time-lapse, cinematic video stabilisation, and extended dynamic range on both the main and ultra-wide cameras. It can also take slow motion selfies
The iPhone 11 also has a brand new processor, the 7nm A13 Bionic, which is 20 per cent faster than its predecessor.
Here are the key specs you can expect from the iPhone 11 Pro:
- iOS 13 OS
- A13 Bionic chip CPU
- 5.8-inch all‑screen OLED Multi‑Touch display
- 2436 x 1125‑pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- 64/256/512 GB storage (no word on RAM as Apple doesn't disclose this)
- Triple rear cameras - 12MP ultra wide (ƒ/2.4 aperture), 12MP wide (ƒ/1.8 aperture) and 12MP telephoto (ƒ/2.0). 12MP (ƒ/2.2 aperture) front-facing camera
- 4K video recording
- Face ID
- Battery lasts up to 4 hours longer than the iPhone XS (Apple doesn't disclosed the battery size)
- 144 mm x 71.44 mm x 8.11 mm, 188 grams
- Gold, space grey, silver and midnight green colour options
The 64GB comes in at $1,749, the 256GB and $1,999 and the 512GB at $2,349.
The iPhone Pro will be available for pre-order from September 13 and will ship on September 20.
And if you're interested in the pricing and availability of the other new iPhones, we have those too: