Seth MacFarlaneâ€™s delightfully entertaining sci-fi series, The Orville, will be back for a third season! Thankfully that means weâ€™ll get to see what happens after season twoâ€™s timeline shake-up. To shake things up ourselves, we stopped by a special Orville exhibit at San Diego Comic-Con last week that highlighted some of the showâ€™s most memorable props so far.
Of course, there were plenty of uniforms and some wonderfully elaborate costumes on display, as well as surprisingly detailed weapons and gorgeous concept art. But it was actually even more thrilling to see the unexpected and wonderfully random items The Orville decided to bring along to share with fans.
Hereâ€™s a gallery sharing our 10 favourites.
Photo: All photos Cheryl Eddy, io9
1) Behold, the Bortus make-up. More specifically, the Bortus make-up featuring that â€˜stache he grew for one glorious episode.
2) Claire and Isaacâ€™s snazzy â€œdate nightâ€ ensembles were a standout among the many costumes on display.
3) The Moclan dagger! You know, in case someone needs a quickie divorce.
4) Pro-tip: If you see a Kaylon with red eyes, youâ€™re already dead.
5) Who could forget a lonely Ed Mercer hanging out with Bortus and Klyden, learning about one of Moclan cultureâ€™s most diverting and painful past times?
6) According to the exhibit caption, special effects make-up artist Howard Berger modelled this â€œKrill sacrifice headâ€ after horror make-up legend Tom Savini. Hail Avis!
7) Gelatinous crew member Yaphetâ€™s guitar, which factored into one of his many attempts to woo Claire.
8) To quote John LaMarr, Chief Engineer of the <em>Orville</em> and noted ladiesâ€™ man: â€œAlways go with one more zipper than youâ€™re comfortable with.â€ BOOM.
9) When a 21st-century time capsule brings nicotine aboard the <em>Orville</em>, Bortus and Klyden soon develop a habit as raging as it is hilarious.
10) Ed Mercerâ€™s Kermit the frog toy! A source of leadership inspiration, heâ€™s always there to remind the captain to keep his cool in a crisis.
The Orville will be back for season three on Hulu in the U.S., with no information on an Australian release just yet.