Image: Haxie Meyers-Belkin, Twitter
Last week we reported that an unidentified phone exploded in an international train terminal in London. As it turns out, it wasn’t actually a phone.
The incident occurred last Wednesday when a loud bang was heard and followed by smoke in the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras station.
The panic was minimal, only lasting a minute or so, but resulted in some passengers being stranded after missing their trains.
Despite admittedly grainy images and eye witness accounts of the culprit being a smart phone, our colleagues over at Gizmodo UK discovered that it was actuallt a power pack.
The UK team hasn’t divulged the source of this new-found information and won’t reveal the brand of battery pack until it has been confirmed.
While the shoddy phone shots of the exploded device show an unreadable brand name, Gizmodo UK is of the opinion that it isn’t the name of the manufacturer. Based on their research and information, they believe that it is probably a white-label gadget that has been slapped with a company name for promotional purposes.
“Trust us when we say it’s not one you’ve heard of or own any products by – our research suggests it was probably a freebie given out by an overseas brand,” said journalist Holly Brockwell.
We’ll let you know once we hear more information regarding the product in question.