It's been a few weeks since the iPhone XS and XS Max hit the shelves, and now its time for the younger sibling. The iPhone XR will be available for pre-order today, and this is what you need to know.
Apple’s iPhone XR is real. All that speculation about a new, “cheap” iPhone can finally come to an end.
Pre-orders will kick off at 6:01 pm AEDT, which you can get directly from Apple's website. The 64GB will cost you $1,229, the 128GB $1,299 and the 256GB $1,479.
But that's not your only option. You'll also be able to get one on a plan through Telstra, Vodafone and Optus. We'll have all the plans and pricing ready for your reading pleasure once they're live.
And in case you've forgotten, here are the key specs you can expect from the XR:
- iOS 12 OS
- A12 Bionic chip CPU
- 6.1-inch all-screen LCD Multi‑Touch display with IPS technologyy
- 1792 x 828 pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- 12MP rear and 7MP front cameras
- 4K video recording
- Face ID
- Battery lasts 1.5 hours longer than iPhone 8 Plus (working on getting the mAh at the time of writing)
- 150.9 mm x 75.7 mm x 8.3 mm, 194g
- Black, white, blue, yellow and coral colour options
The iPhone XR will be on sale from October 26th.
The major Australian telcos just dropped their iPhone Xs and Xs Max plans, and we have them all for you right here.