It looks like last week’s trend of new SIM-only data plans is continuing. Now Optus is joining the party with some new promo data plans that include some chunky data inclusions.
The new plans are called My Promo Plus and there are three to choose from – $35 for 30GB of data, $45 a month for 50GB of data and $55 a month for a whopping 80GB of data. Not bad.
Here’s how they compare to similar offerings on the Optus network:
And this is what the plans come with:
- Unlimited standard national calls and texts
- International calls and texts from Australia to 35 selected countries, with up to 300 minutes included on the $35 plan, and unlimited on plans of $45 and above
- Free Optus Sport subscription
- Free National Geographic app access
- Music streaming on the Google Play Music, iHeartRADIO and Spotify apps without using their plan’s data
- The option to stream Netflix, Stan and ABC iView without using the plan’s data for an additional $5 per month
If the $35 plan sounds familiar, that’s because it’s really similar to Vodafone’s $35 Red Sim Only plan – both are 12 month contracts, come with unlimited standard national calls and texts and 30GB of data.
However, Optus does win out when it comes to the 80GB plan, with is $55 per month for 80GB, where Vodafone is $60 for the same amount of data.
In general, the price points of these new plans are quite competitive when it comes to the SIM-only plan market right now. You can check them all out and find out more information here.
We weren’t able to find out how long the plans will be available, but expect them to be for a limited time only.
JB Hi-Fi has become the latest retailer to offer SIM-only mobile plans to Australians. In addition to offering a significant chunk of data, they come with some interesting bonuses.Read more