When an extended version of a film is included on a Blu-ray, obviously, that’s the main event. But Deadpool 2 has much more going for it than just an extended cut.
Deadpool 2 comes to physical disc on August 22. The release will have the theatrical cut as well as a “Super Duper [email protected]%!#& Cut” which features “15 minutes of never-before-seen footage including deleted scenes, alternate jokes, and extended takes”. It’ll premiere at Comic-Con, and Ryan Reynolds teased it earlier today on Twitter:
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) July 9, 2018
That’s just the tip of what promises to be a really great release, though. Haha. “Tip.” Here’s the list of special features in addition to the extended cut.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted/Extended Scenes
- Until Your Face Hurts: Alt Takes
- Deadpool’s Lips are Sealed: Secrets and Easter Eggs
- The Most Important X-Force Member
- Deadpool Family Values: Cast of Characters
- David Leitch Not Lynch: Directing DP2
- Roll with the Punches: Action and Stunts
- The Deadpool Prison Experiment
- Chess with Omega Red
- Swole and Sexy
- “3-Minute Monologue”
- Audio Commentary by Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Theatrical Version Only)
- Deadpool’s Fun Sack 2
- Stills (28 Images)
Here’s the cover.
Deadpool 2 is already great, so adding 15 minutes could be a tricky proposition. There are issues of pacing and over-explanation.
Either way, it’s a nice option to have, along with everything else, now that it’s coming home. Haha. “Coming.”