The Aussie pricing and specs for Jaguar’s new SVR have now been confirmed, and wow.
Starting at $140,020 before on road costs, this bad boy is over $36,000 more expensive than the current 2016 F-Pace. And while some of us may balk at the price, it does admittedly have a heap of upgrades that may tempt you to spend the extra cash.
Not to mention that it has basically the same engine as the Jaguar F-Type Coupe R, which cost over $240K when it was first released. So from some people’s perspective, perhaps it’s a steal?
Here are some of the highlights:
- Supercharged 5.0-litre V8 petrol engine with 404kW and 680Nm of torque (44% uplift in power)
- 0-100km/h in 4.3 seconds with a top speed of 283km/h
- Uprated brakes feature 395/396mm front/rear two-piece discs
- Aerodynamic package featuring unique front and rear bumpers, lower body sides and rear flip spoiler to enhance cooling, reduce lift and drag & aid high-speed stability.
- SVR-tuned chassis features uprated dampers with front and rear spring rates increased by 30 – 10 per cent respectively
- Lightweight 21- and optional 22-inch forged wheels with differential width from front to rear to improve handling and traction
- Rear Electronic Active Differential for optimised traction and dynamics
- Variable Valve Active exhaust, which is 6.6kg lighter and aids performance by reducing back pressure
- Slimline sports seats in the front and rear with signature lozenge quilting
- Sports Shift Selector replaces rotary selector, SVR steering wheel with aluminium paddle shifters
- Bespoke calibrations for Quickshift transmission, Electric Power Assisted Steering, Adaptive Dynamics, Torque Vectoring, Dynamic Stability Control and All-Wheel Drive systems
While we don’t have an exact release date yet, it’s most likely going to be late 2018.