D-Link have just released their new AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender. With four external antennas and high-powered amplifiers, it’s designed to eliminate those annoying dead zones in the home, which are the worst. Here are all the details and how much it will cost you.
Built with upstairs and outdoor areas in mind, the AC2600 should be abnle to extend the wireless coverage of any router. However, and unsurprisingly, it has been optimised for pairing with a D-Link PowerZone enabled router or modem router.
Highlights of the Wi-Fi Extender include:
- Speeds of up to 2600Mbps
- Dual Band Connectivity with up to 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz band and 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- MU-MIMO Technology, which can handle high-bandwidth network traffic on multiple devices at the same time
- Smart Signal Indicator
- High-Speed Gigabit Ethernet Port
- SmartConnect, which allocates the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance
- AP Mode Option, which configures as AP mode to enable a Wi-Fi hotspot through a wired Ethernet connection
- One button installation
- Advanced AC SmartBeam to enhance signal strength
The AC2600 is available now from the D-Link website with a RRP of $249.95.