Should I cut my hair Y/N? What should I have for dinner Indian/Thai? Will I overuse the new polling feature on Facebook rolling out from today undoubtedly/definitely?
You’ve probably seen it on Instagram or Messenger, and now Facebook is launching the ability for us all to ask our friends a question – and you can use gifs and images to make them even shinier.
Here’s how to create a poll:
- Open Facebook and click “What’s on your mind” if you’re on a profile, or “Write Something” if you’re posting to a Page.
- Select the “Polls” icon to create a poll.
- Write your question into the status box where it says “Ask a question” and fill in the two options you want people to choose between. There’s no limit to how long your question can be, and for each option you’ll have a 25 character limit.
- Upload your own images or choose from the thousands of GIFs available to add a visual component to the poll.
- Set when you want your poll to expire- it can be a day, a week, or a custom time frame.
- Post your poll and watch the votes come in!
Votes will be transparent – you and everyone else will be able to see who voted, and what they voted for.
So..that leaves just one question: Will this change your Facebook experience Y/N?