Please Enjoy This Clip Of A Boy, Who Inhaled A Whistle, Whistling When He Inhales

Take it from a wise 20-something: you will, at some point, require medical attention for something entirely avoidable and at least somewhat embarrassing. Just how embarrassing it is may vary, but it's OK. It happens to the best of us.

Image: Screengrab via YouTube

Case in point: Per the New Zealand Herald, an eight-year-old patient recently showed up to a hospital in northwestern Argentina's Tucuman province with a very unusual condition.

Dr. Gomez Zuviria released this video clip of the boy, who had somehow managed to swallow some sort of whistler or hooter. Every time the kid inhales, the unmistakable sound of the party toy rings out, much to his chagrin. Santiago Gomez Zuviria via Storyful Don't worry, little dude. We get it.

Per the Herald, doctors were able to successfully remove the whistle from the patient's throat and he is expected to make a full recovery.

This is, of course, not the first time a child has swallowed something they should not have. Last year, a video of another boy who had swallowed a dog toy acquired tens of millions of views.

One paper in the British Medical Journal documented the successful removal of a swallowed whistle from a young boy's lungs as early as 1918, though there was no mention of whether the patient emitted a high-pitched noise when he breathed.

[New Zealand Herald]

Trending Stories Right Now