The latest update for iOS 10 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch includes a bunch of brand new features. We’re talking the ability to find your AirPods using Find My iPhone and new options for using Siri to make payments.
Find My iPhone will now enable you to view the current or last known location of your Airpods, and lets you play a sound on one or both of them to help you find them.
Siri will now offer support for paying and checking the status of bills with payment apps; provide support for scheduling with ride booking app; help you check your car fuel level, lock status, turn on lights and activate the horn using automaker apps; and provide cricket scores and stats for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
CarPlay will provide shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to the last used apps, “Apple Music Now Playing” screen will give access to “Up Next” and the currently playing song’s album, and Apple Music will also score daily curated playlists as well as new music categories.
Other features and fixes include:
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
- Support for searching “parked car” in Maps
- Calendar adds the ability to delete and unwanted invitation and report it as junk
- Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
- Home app support for accessory battery level status
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
- Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location and Privacy
- VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail
There will also be an option for developers to reply to app reviews, and iCloud Analytics will be available as well.