Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the latest actor confirmed to be joining the upcoming Han Solo movie in a "performance capture" role, and now reports are saying she will play the first major-character female droid to feature in a Star Wars film.
Slashfilm says ex-Hollywood trade reporter Jeff Sneider confirmed the news, describing Waller-Bridge's role as "the first significantly-featured female droid in Star Wars history".
While Waller-Bridge will definitely be the first female actor to play a droid in a live-action Star Wars film, here's other droids who were thought to be, or still could be, "the first female droid in Star Wars history":
- The Force Awakens' BB-8 (JJ Abrams shot that one down)
- R2-KT ( a background character in The Force Awakens)
- TC-14 from The Phantom Menace (voiced by a female actor, but played by a male actor)
- BD-3000 from Clone Wars
- Bettie-Bot VJ from Clone Wars
- PZ-4CO (appears in the Star Wars novels)
- Aly San San from the Disneyland Star Tours (no longer considered canon)
Can you think of others? Let us know in the comments!