Instagram is now available on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This is the first time Instagram has released a tablet-optimised version of its app.
Sure, you can enjoy Instagram on Android tablets — but the interface was still designed for phones. iPad users have it even worse as they’re stuck with the stupid iPhone version, meaning the app has to run at 2x and looks like a pixelated mess without proper dimensions.
But Windows 10 tablet users are super lucky. Look at all the stuff they can do with their special version of Instagram:
- Post and edit photos* — Instagram makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun.
- Stories — Stories from people you follow will appear in a row at the top of Feed.
- Instagram Live Tile — Find out what your friends and family are up to at a glance.
- Rich, native notifications — We’ll send you the notifications you want to see so that you don’t miss important updates.
- Instagram Direct — Instagram Direct lets you exchange threaded messages with one or more people, and share posts you see in Feed as a message.
- Full featured Search, Explore, Profile, and Feed.
(The * in this case means that the only way you can upload and edit photos if your Windows 10 device has a touchscreen and backwards facing camera.)
As an iPad user, I’m jealous that Windows 10 tablet users have something I want. I never thought this day would come.