The Commercial Editor will be responsible for commercial content campaigns ensuring they are delivered on time, on brand, to the satisfaction of readers, publishers and clients. The role will offer the opportunity to work with various departments across the business in order to brainstorm, write and deliver great sponsored content.
We offer an innovative and flexible working environment. Every staff member has the opportunity to make a real contribution to our products and our business.
This is a full time on-site position in our Sydney CBD office. The working environment is focused, the culture is friendly, and you’ll be surrounded by people who are awesome at what they do.
Writing, Editing And Execution of Commercial Content Across Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotaku and Business Insider
You’ll need to be comfortable about technology, games and business (share trading, finance news, etc).
• Build, maintain and execute on a calendar of Tech and Business Insider content and advertorials
• Deliver advertorials and sponsored content pieces
• Deliver sold social media commitments on sponsored content pieces
• Conceptualise, plan, shoot, produce original branded photography and video
Commercial Planning And Proactive Pitching (20%)
• Internal communication (meetings, workshops and updates to business stakeholders (publishers, sales, commercial operations)
• First round response to briefs, submitted to publishers for approval
• Proactively pitch commercial content ideas, series and hubs to publishers in order to grow verticals and revenue
• Work with sales brand champion on brainstorming ideas and concepts as required
• Maintain a pitched content calendar
• Monthly posts reporting for Commercial Strategy
Candidate Profile And Skills
• A team player, with a resourceful, can-do attitude who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
• 3+ years of experience in journalism, ideally with experience across Tech, News and Business
• Experience with daily publishing in CMS, plus familiarity with HTML
• Educated in SEO best practices and social media
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop
• Strong writing ability including must-click, must-share headlines and titles
• Ability to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and provide self-direction
• Proven experience in building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships
• Bachelor’s degree
• Basic knowledge of video editing and desire to present to camera
• Experience writing branded content – advertorials, sponsored series
• Experience presenting a portfolio of brands to external clients
• Experience producing case studies and audience insights and research
If this sounds like you, apply now. We’d like to hear from you.