Video: It's an age old question that we love to entertain because we're all obsessed with our own mortality and the future of the world: what would happen to the world if humans disappeared? With enough time, the Earth would be able to reset itself and erase any trace of our existence. Mind Warehouse goes deep into answering it by detailing the progression of what would happen when. Here are some highlights:
- A few hours after humans disappear, most of the lights around the world will shut off because most of the power stations won't be able to run (hydroelectric stations would still work).
- Ten days later, pets and farm animals would die off while packs of big dogs would form to hunt down other animals.
- A month later, the cooling water in nuclear power stations would have evaporated which would cause Chernobyl-level disasters across the world.
- One year later, our satellites will fall.
- Twenty five years later, vegetation will cover the world with some cities being buried in sand.
- Three hundred years later, metal buildings, bridges and towers will start to break apart because of corrosion.
- Ten thousand years later, the only evidence of our existence will be the things we've made with stone: Pyramids, Great Wall of China, Mount Rushmore and so on.