Remember those crazy plans to bring a bunch of Hasbro toy properties like G.I. Joe, Micronauts, and Rom into one hot, trendy cinematic universe? Well, those plans just took a huge step forward with the creation of a writers room that is filled with an absurd amount of talent for a movie franchise based around a bunch of ’80s action figure.
Seriously, that’s not necessarily a knock on Hasbro’s movie universe (which will also include M.A.S.K. and Visionaries) but a testament to the almost obscene amount of talent that has been brought together for the writer’s room. Look at this list:
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay writer Michael Chabon
- Y: The Last Man and Saga‘s Brian K. Vaughan
- Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman
- Lindsey Beer, who’s penning the Kingkiller Chronicles movie adaptation
- Luke Cage showrunner Cheo Coker
- Spider-Man: Homecoming writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein
- Black Panther writer Joe Robert Cole
- Jeff Pinkner, who wrote script for The Dark Tower
- Blacklist scriptwriter Nicole Riegel
- Geneva Robertson, currently writing the Tomb Raider movie reboot
Holy moly. Brian K. Vaughan on Rom please? Pretty please?
Obviously, this doesn’t stop us from being completely unconcerned about Hasbro’s movie universe plans — I’m not sure there are many people out there really clamoring for a Visionaries cinematic experience — but it certainly makes us a lot more interested in seeing what comes from it.