The Hoverboard Claims Another Victim As NSW's Ban Looks More And More Apt

Over the break, a boy in Elanora Heights, in the northern area of Sydney, fell off a hoverboard he was given as a Christmas gift and been rushed to hospital for head injuries.

After falling and hitting his head, the 16-year-old boy started to revive as he was being taken away by a rescue helicopter, but continued on to Royal North Shore Hospital and is still undergoing tests. That makes Australia's first serious injury as a result of the hoverboard, and it will undoubtedly not be the last. As we've written before, the first generation of these things are trouble.

The amount of people being injured by don't-call-them-hoverboards is not small. The ACCC has issued a warning about them, Choice has written about them catching on fire, and many of them have been recalled.

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business, but the NSW Government as well as other areas in Australia have seen fit to ban them from public roads and footpaths.

[7News]

WATCH MORE: Tech News

Trending Stories Right Now