We’re big fans of Synology’s network gear here at Gizmodo, so we’re excited to give you the chance to win a new $229 Synology RT1900ac wireless router — and review it over Christmas!
Entering is super easy: tell us in the comments how you’d use one!
Thank you for your entries! The competition has now closed.
Don’t worry, we’ll keep it simple by sending you a basic list of questions to build your write-up.
Synology’s RT1900ac router lets you organise just about every aspect of your home’s wired or Wi-Fi network. If you want to make sure your Xbox or PlayStation is getting a straight pipe to the ‘net, or if you want to stop your kids from looking at Facebook on their laptops after 10PM, this is the device you need in the middle of your house.
The $229 Synology RT1900ac is a high-speed AC1900 router — it’s capable of a combined 1900Mbps transfer rate, across the 1300Mbps-capable 802.11ac 5GHz band and 600Mbps-capable 802.11n 2.4GHz band.
Four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and one Gigabit WAN port will satisfy your connectivity needs. The File Station service lets users access files from any locally-attached storage drive connected to the RT1900ac — there’s a side-mounted USB 3.0 port and SD card reader.
Streaming is a breeze, and you can also play content from external storage, on a DLNA compatible TV or media player. It’s perfect for gaming, too, since you can prioritise bandwidth to the devices you need the most. So you won’t be able to blame it on the lag anymore.
• Entries close at 9:00am AEDT on Friday 18th December 2015.
• Winners will be informed and announced at 10:00AM AEDT Friday 18th December.
• Gizmodo will express mail the 3x winners their Synology RT1900ac Router on Friday 18th December — so you might want to get it sent home, not to your work! We’ll also email winners some basic questions to help collect your thoughts.
• After you receive the RT1900ac review kit, you’ll have until Friday 15th January 2016 to write your review and submit it for publishing here on Gizmodo Australia.
By entering this competition, you commit to:
• Fairly and honestly test and review your prize by responding to Gizmodo’s review questions no later than 1pm AEDT Friday 15th January, 2016. That’s your deadline. You’re an honorary member of the team!
• Include a few photos with your feedback, as well as some screenshots of how you’ve interacted with the RT1900ac’s Web interface. Videos, short or long, are welcomed as well.
• Not to include false, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory material in your text or photos.
Critical (but accurate) info is fine — it’s a review after all — but no dirty stuff or fanboy crap please.
• To have your review (in part or full) and photos used on Gizmodo; it may also be used by Synology.
To enter, just leave a comment telling us how you’d put a Synology RT1900ac to good use in your home or work environment!
Please use your real email address when entering the competition in the comments below, so we can get in touch with you if you win!