Video: There have been so many little changes in the original Star Wars trilogy since their theatrical release. Because there have been so many “special edition” DVDs and Blu Rays and VHS tapes and LaserDiscs that have come out after the fact, it’s really hard to keep up with what the original movies showed in theatres.
Some of those changes were good — the films look better sometimes? — but many of those changes have driven fans crazy like how Han didn’t shoot first and the needless splicing of special effects to the original trilogy and the addition of Anakin to old scenes. WatchMojo lists the 10 worst changes to Star Wars in the “special edition” sets below.
- Greedo shooting first
- Adding in Hayden Christensen
- Han Solo talking to Jabba the Hutt
- Changing who says Boba Fett’s lines
- Changing the song performance
- All the CG crap to Mos Eisley entrance
- Adding a scream to Luke’s fall
- Making Darth Vader yell “nooo!” in Return of the Jedi
- Bedazzling the Sarlacc Pit in 3D
- Changing Luke’s dialogue when R2-D2 falls in the swamp