Samsung’s new SUHD TVs are beautiful. The new quantum dot screens are brighter, and have a wider colour gamut than last year’s tech. If you don’t like OLED, or if you want a screen that’s up to 88 inches in size, then Samsung is your go-to. Free Netflix for six months is a nifty extra, too. By the way, those new Samsungs are out now.
The regular Samsung delineation of screens into top-tier Series 9, high-end Series 8 and mainstream Series 7 continues for its SUHD and UHD range, although you’ll find cheaper Series 7, 6 and 5 for the lesser Full HD and regular HD line-up too. If you’re buying a Series 9, you’ll get a stunning chamfer design as well as the best of the best in TV tech.
Samsung’s new TVs are either out now in stores, or will be out within a couple of months; you’ll only have to wait if you want the $25,000 88-inch Series 9 JS9500 or $15,000 85-inch JU7500 though. Almost all of the other panels are out right now, which is great if you were holding off on buying a new TV and waiting to pick up a 2015 model.
Nano-crystals are the new buzzword at Samsung, but it’s not just the screens themselves — curved and flat alike — that are improved. App support is a big thing for the company this year, and that means you’ll be able to watch Netflix, Presto and Stan — basically the Holy Trinity of Aussie streaming TV and movies — directly though your Samsung TV without fiddling about with a Chromecast, smartphone. or other third-party device.
Every 2015 Samsung TV runs an entirely new Smart TV platform, based on Tizen and using an octa-core processor for smooth performance. The details on that free Netflix promotion are still to come, but it’s a safe bet that if you’re buying a premium screen (maybe Series 7 and above) you’ll get a freebie — at least if you’re one of the first to buy. We’ll let you know as soon as we find out.
Here’s the crucial pricing and release date details for the best and brightest of Samsung’s 2015 SUHD and Ultra HD television range. We’ll detail the entire line-up tomorrow with a post covering everything you need to know. Until then:
- Samsung Series 9 JS9500 88-inch SUHD TV – RRP $24,999, available June 2015
- Samsung Series 9 JS9500 78-inch SUHD TV – RRP $19,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 9 JS9500 65-inch SUHD TV – RRP $9,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 9 JS9000 65-inch SUHD TV – RRP $7,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 9 JS9000 55-inch SUHD TV – RRP $5,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 8 JS8000 65-inch SUHD TV – RRP $6,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 8 JS8000 55-inch SUHD TV – RRP $4,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7500 78-inch UHD TV – RRP $10,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7500 65-inch UHD TV – RRP $5,299, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7500 55-inch UHD TV – RRP $3,499, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7000 85-inch UHD TV – RRP $14,999, available June 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7000 75-inch UHD TV – RRP $9,499, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7000 65-inch UHD TV – RRP $4,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7000 60-inch UHD TV – RRP $3,999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 JU7000 55-inch UHD TV – RRP $3,199, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 6 Curved Soundbar – RRP $999, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 7 Curved Soundbar – RRP $1,399, available April 2015
- Samsung Series 8 Curved Soundbar – RRP $1,699, available April 2015
For more information on any of the new products announced, visit: www.samsung.com/au/tv