We're excited to give you another chance to win some great Synology gear — one of two DiskStation DS415play units — and review it for Gizmodo! Valued at $639, the DS416play is network storage for media fanatics, letting you enjoy the HD quality of your video and movie collections on multiple screens, from TVs to mobile devices. The DS415play features 1080p full HD video transcoding and also supports Plex, DLNA and Chromecast. Entering is easy!
The DS415play is a great starter NAS, especially if you're looking to upgrade your existing setup.
For your chance to win a DS415play, simply tell us in the comments how you'd use it!
How would you supercharge your home media and storage with the DS415play?
And don’t worry, we’ll send you a simple list of questions to help build your write-up.
Perfect for first-time NAS (Network Attached Storage) users, the Synology DiskStation DS415play has FOUR hard drive bays supporting your own 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch hard drives — up to a massive 24TB total storage.
Slot in your hard drives, connect the DS415play to your network (via Ethernet or optional wireless dongle) and you’re set.
Enjoy your content across your computers, DLNA devices, TVs and mobile devices. With support for TV streaming across Samsung TVs, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast, the DS415play also makes it effortless to stream digital content to your big screen TV.
You can even sync files between Google Drive and Dropbox — plus use Synology's mobile apps to access your multimedia collection and work files on the go. As a backup device, the DS415play also supports Windows Backup and Apple Time Machine.
• Entries close at 10am AEDT on Monday 30th March 2015.
• Winners will be informed and announced on Tuesday 1st April 2015. No joke.
• Gizmodo will express mail the 2x winners their Synology DiskStation DS415play on Tuesday 1st April. We'll ask if you want it sent to your home or work. We'll also email winners some basic questions to help collect your thoughts for your review.
By entering this competition, you commit to:
• Source and slot in your own hard disk(s) into the Synology DiskStation DS415play.
• Fairly and honestly test and review your prize (perfect for the Easter break!) by responding to Gizmodo's review questions no later than 1pm AEDT Thursday 16th April 2015.
That's your deadline. You're an honorary member of the team now.
• Include a few photos with your feedback. Videos welcomed also.
• Not include false, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory material in your text or photos. Critical (but accurate) info is fine — it's a review after all — but no dirty stuff or fanboy crap please.
• Having your review (in part or full) and photos used on Gizmodo; it may also be used by Synology.