We’re big fans of Synology home network storage enclosures here at Giz, so we’re excited to give you the chance to win a new $259 DS215j personal server — and review it over Christmas!
Designed for the whole family (or anyone who juggles external hard drives) the DS215j is an ideal centralised storage/backup hub for your photos and movies, and lets you securely access content remotely when you’re travelling. We’ll also include a $330 Hikvision 720p network camera so you can test the home surveillance features. Entering is super easy: tell us how you’d use one!
Don’t worry, we’ll keep it simple by sending you a basic list of questions to build your write-up.
Perfect for first-time NAS (Network Attached Storage) users, the Synology DiskStation DS215j has two hard drive bays supporting your own 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch hard drives — up to 12TB total storage.
Slot in your hard drives, connect the DS215j to your network (via Ethernet, superfast USB 3.0 or optional wireless dongle) and you’re set.
Enjoy your content across your computers, DLNA devices, TVs and mobile devices. With support for TV streaming across Samsung TVs, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast, the DS215j also makes it effortless to stream digital content to your widescreen TV.
You can even sync files between Google Drive and Dropbox — plus use Synology’s mobile apps to access your multimedia collection and work files on the go. As a backup device, the DS215j also supports Windows Backup and Apple Time Machine.
And as mentioned, the DS215j can also serve as your home surveillance hub. Simply connect multiple IP cameras to the home network, pair them with DS215j, and then easily view live surveillance feeds, record videos, or enjoy other advanced features like motion detection or push notifications.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
• Entries close at 9:59am AEDT on Friday 19th December 2014.
• Winners will be informed and announced on Friday 19th December.
• Gizmodo will express mail the 2x winners their Synology DiskStation DS215j on Friday 19th December — so you might want to get it sent home, not to your work! We’ll also email winners some basic questions to help collect your thoughts.
By entering this competition, you commit to:
• Source and slot in your own hard disk(s) into the Synology DiskStation DS215j.
• Fairly and honestly test and review your prize (including its camera features) by responding to Gizmodo’s review questions no later than 1pm AEDT Friday 16th January, 2015. That’s your deadline.
You’re an honorary member of the team now.
• Include a few photos with your feedback. Videos welcomed also.
• Not to include false, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory material in your text or photos.
Critical (but accurate) info is fine — it’s a review after all — but no dirty stuff or fanboy crap please.
• To have your review (in part or full) and photos used on Gizmodo; it may also be used by Synology.