You'll be able to call people using your Wi-Fi connection on the iPhone 6, so when your Wi-Fi is working better than your reception is (all the time?) you'll have an alternative. And Apple's Wi-Fi received a speedy upgrade: 802.11ac WiFi in the iPhone 6, or three times faster than the previous generation. But that's nothing compared to the handoffs.
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus: Australian Price And Release Date
- iPhone 6: A Little Bit Bigger, A Whole Lot Better
- iPhone 6 Plus: Everything You Need To Know About Apple's Jumbo Phone
- The iPhone's Apple Pay Wants To Replace Your Wallet
- The iPhone 6's New M8 Chip Makes It A Truly Badass Fitness Tracker
- Apple Watch: Everything You Need To Know
- Apple Watch Comes With Its Own Terrifying, Animated Emoji
Probably the best part of Apple's new Wi-Fi calling system is that if you are calling from Wi-Fi in your house and then just leave, it will automatically switch over to the cell tower. No interruptions. No word yet on where it will be available globally.