If you've been wondering how Samsung manages to cram everything into its Gear 2 smartwatch, then wonder no longer: iFixit has torn the thing apart to see what they have crammed into its tiny frame.
OK, maybe its frame isn't that tiny, but there still ain't much space to squeeze everything in. Here are some of the highlights of what lurks within:
- The wrist strap is replaceable. Which is a Good Idea.
- It's super easy to open, gently coming apart without much prying.
- The 300mAh battery neatly pulls out, too — so it's easy enough to replace it.
- There are gaskets around the frame and screws, making it safe for immersion in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
- The single board — with 1GHz dual-core CPU and the rest of its guts — is held in place by the same cable which connects it to the LCD. Neat!