You’ve been able to travel like a European diplomat in Sydney for months now, but one frontier has eluded those wanting to live like the other half: access to Sydney’s beautiful harbour. But despair no longer, landlocked travellers: Uber Sydney now offers on-demand boat transport for you and 15 friends for one day only this weekend.
On Saturday, Uber Sydney will allow you to order a boat which carries up to 16 people. The boat will cost you $40 to book, plus $3 per minute once you’re on board. Of course, you can fare split that with your mates which makes it pretty affordable if you want to get around the Harbour with a full compliment of passengers.
Furthermore, you can show your Uber receipt at a bunch of Sydney’s seaside bars and restaurants for special offers, like:
• Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel is Sydney’s premier pirate cove, and on Saturday it will be absolutely heave-hoing! Grab a complimentary bottle of Chandon, and if you see anyone in an Uber shirt, say hello!
• Love a man in uniform? Head to Cruise Bar and grab up to 5 complimentary ‘Hello Sailor’ cocktails.
• Clash jugs and sing shanties with 20% off a cocktail jug at Cargo Bar or Bungalow 8, courtesy of the buccaneers at Keystone Hospitality.
• Head up the hill and grab a complimentary cocktail with a view of the harbour at the Woolwich Pier Hotel.
• Shake off your sea legs at Aqua Dining, Ripples Chowder Bay or Ormeggio at the Spit. Get a complimentary cocktail with every lunch booking.
• If you’re voyaging to Manly for the Hurley Australian Open surf comp, stop by Manly Wine for a cocktail, your first round will be just $10 each.
• Grab a complimentary glass of bubbly, cocktail or a famous Nutella pizza at Hugos Manly.
Not bad value at all, really.
The boats will only be available between 12pm and 8pm on Saturday night, and demand is likely to be high. Uber is working with three different water taxi services, and some of them will even be flying Uber flags so you can wave at your fellow Harbour-going compatriots. [Uber Sydney]