To celebrate the launch of Toshiba’s powerful new Windows 8.1 tablet — the stylish 8-inch Toshiba Encore — we’re searching for three Gizmodo readers to WIN 64GB model (valued at $459!) and review your experience for the Giz community. Don’t worry, we’ll keep it simple by sending you a basic list of questions to build your write-up. Entering is also easy: Get started by telling us how you use your current tablet.
With Intel's speedy fourth-gen Z3740 quad core processor, the Toshiba Encore provides up to 14 hours of battery life and weighs just 445g. Perfect to watch movies, check email, Skype and browse the Web on its 8-inch multi-touch HD display (1280x800; 16:10 aspect).
The Encore also ships with full Windows 8.1 and a full license version of Office Home and Student 2013 — connect a Bluetooth keyboard and you've got everything you need to survive the day. That includes an 8-megapixel rear camera (2MP front), micro HDMI output, micro SD card slot and 64GB solid-state storage. (A 32GB version is also available).
• Entries close at 10am AEDT on Wednesday 18th December 2013
• Winners will be informed and announced on Thursday 19th December.
• Gizmodo will express mail the 3x winners their Toshiba Encore tablet on Friday 20th December to allow plenty of time for road testing. We'll also email winners some basic questions to help collect your thoughts.
By entering this competition, you commit to:
• Fairly and honestly test and review your prize by responding to Gizmodo's review questions no later than 1pm AEDT Friday January 3. That's your deadline. You're an honorary member of the team now.
• Include a few photos with your feedback. Videos welcomed also.
• Not to include false, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory material in your text or photos. Critical (but accurate) info is fine — it's a review after all — but no dirty stuff or fanboy crap please.
• To have your review (in part or full) and photos used on Gizmodo; it may also be used by Toshiba.